It's been a while since I posted, and hope to get back to more posts soon. I'm starting to feel a little stronger and will share more about my health challenges soon. In the meantime, I've been feeling better and able to work a little more. I have 3 quilts I finished this week.
First is the Chandelier quilt I made with the class taught by Pat at Pieceful Patchers of the Park on March 12. It's based on the Chandelier quilt pattern by Leila Boutique, but I made it larger by adding more columns and rows. I planned the size in EQ8. I used Island Batik Solids, the best solids on the market, in my opinion. They don't fray! Barely, if at all, unlike other brands. I've gotten yards of black over the years, and had enough of the other colors to choose 8, and make the blocks. I used Fuchsia, Pink, Yellow, Green, Aqua, Cobalt, Purple, and Red, all from Ambassador boxes.
It measures about 70" square. I used a charcoal grey sateen wide back, and Hobb's Heirloom 80/20 Black batting, and the Baptist Fan panto from Three Sisters Quilting. I used Aurifil 3817, Marrakesh in 40wt to quilt it, and Black 50wt for all the piecing. I decided to add a little fun to the edge, and cut strips remaining from the colors to make a pieced binding. I LOVE it!! I think it came out so well, and that the quilting and colors are just perfect for the design. It's for sale in my Etsy shop.
Here are some more photos, including process photos.
I also finally got to quilt 2 of the charity tops Susan, from Evening Star guild provided. She was unable to get them done, so I volunteered, and figured I would do the binding, as well. There was enough fabric from the backing to do it, and I also figured out how to make the labels the guild would like included on the quilts before they are donated. I am trying to use my embroidery machine more, and this was good practice.
Dancing Flower panto
Flower and Leaf panto, and I love how it looks! I'll have to use this one again.
Both were quilted with donated batting and I used Aurifil 40-3 for the quilting, and 50wt for the double fold binding. I hope they bring someone a hug of comfort and a smile. Our guild is collecting for a variety of Long Island based charities and hospitals, so I don't know where these will end up.
I will work on the Island Batik Ambassador challenge this week, which is thread painting with Aurifil's Italian collection. I've picked a photo for inspiration, and my colors are the Sardinia pinks collection. Look for that post soon.
Thanks for visiting.