Hi. I'm linking up with the #2018PlanningParty!
My biggest hope and plan is to actually spend more time sewing. That time has been missing lately, and I feel crunched because I'm not getting deadline sewing done on time. Mom's dementia has progressed rather quickly, and she's been more needy, so I'm looking into getting an aide to visit with her (and take some chores off my shoulders) so I have more time to sew (work).
2. I want to have at least 3 more patterns submitted for Island Batik. 4 would be better, lol. I also want to submit to a magazine.
3. I need to get my studio more organized so I can work more efficiently. I have a new bookcase to build and hopefully that will clear about 3 bins out of the room, making the space more usable.
4. I need to finish some UFOs. I did fairly well with last year's list. 5 out of 12 were finished, and 3 more had progress. Other projects were completed, and others, not on the list, had progress, too. I also did 11/12 of the Island Batik Ambassador challenges. I have 3 days to do the last one. If I get the top done, I'll be happy with that.
5. I need to confirm my 2018 UFO list, and make sure that some of the "doable" projects get found and put in the pile I grab when I have time.
6. I want to get the vintage Singer 301 cabinet cleaned and moved into the house (it's in the garage) and get the machine cleaned and working. I have a spot planned, so need to get that area organized, as well. It will be fun to have 2 different vintage machines for projects down in the basement apartment.
I have more quilts to make for my shop, as well, and a few quilts that are in the planning stage. I just enjoy the process, from beginning to end, and must take the time to work on them. One is a quilt for my friend's daughter, who is expecting her first child. I will need to purchase fabric for that one, but most of the others will be from stash.
That's really most of the sewing plans. I have other personal goals, as well, but I'm not listing them here. I keep them more private.
I need to get more of this listed in my 2018 Quilter's Planner, too. I have a few projects due within the next 2 weeks, so that's my immediate goal.
What are you doing? You can have a chance to win some great prizes if you share your plans with the #2018PlanningParty linky. Just click on the above photo to get the info.
Thank you so much for sharing and linking up. I am very sorry to hear about your mom's dementia and I hope that you can find just the help you need to maintain a good balance and maintain your health, which is so critical when caring for a loved one. I wish you peace and creative joy in 2018.
Great goals for 2018. I hope you can find someone to come help with your mother. My BIL recently found someone who comes 3 times a week (half day each visit) to help with his wife who has dementia. He has found it to be a big help and my SIL also enjoys having a "friend" visit her.
Post a Comment