Random.org picked 34 for my winner, which was the comment by Vicki saying she loved ice cream floats. She's also looking forward to trying Island Batik. I think she'll be as spoiled as I am.
Now I need to get an Ice Cream float! lol Vickie will be getting a variety of 10" squares from the Spring Blossoms collection, and 1/2 yd piece of red, plus a copy of one of my patterns. I appreciated all the comments and new follows on Facebook and on my blog. Thanks so much for following along on my adventure. There will be more give-aways, so please enter again.
I did get a chance to finish my quilt. but it's been raining so the photos are not the best.
I got some wide backing from JoAnne's, and layered it with Hobbs Heirloom Natural Cotton batting with scrim, which was provided in the Island Batik Ambassador box. It was a queen size, and I wanted to try it. It's the first time I've used one with scrim, which is a light non-woven layer that supports the cotton batting. I found it easy to pin and quilt. The loft is a little less than I usually use, so the quilting isn't as defined, but it's still very cuddly and I'm sure someone will love it.
I used Aurifil 50wt 4651, Bari, for the main part of the top, including the setting triangles. I quilted a flower in each block, and feathers in the triangles. I love how the thread kind of melted into the blocks, with just a little bit of color showing to add interest, but the setting triangles really sparkle. The variegated thread has pastel shades of pink, lavender, and yellow, with white, and adds just a subtle touch of color in the Almond setting triangles.
I used 1125 Medium Teal thread for the inner border, quilting a leaf and vine design, and 2425 Bright Pink for the outer border, which has feathers. I used the same fabric for binding.
I'm so happy it's done! I'm doing a craft fair this weekend at my church, and wanted to have it to display.
I also finished a UFO from 2013. This was the Eastern PA shop hop quilt, possibly from 2012. I finished the top in 2013, and had it pinned and ready to quilt. I couldn't decide on the design, and guess I needed to improve my skills, so it sat for a few years. I decided to quilt it to also have it ready for my show.
I think most of the fabrics are from Andover, and the block designs were done for each shop. I designed the setting. I used Aurifil to piece and quilt, also. I used a few navy colors and a cream for the blocks (depending on whether the block had more blue or more cream) and red for the setting triangles, and cream for the borders. I didn't note the color numbers this time, but did finish a few bobbins and a spool of blue. I did a feathered wreath in each block, a swirl design in the sashing, and feathered designs in the setting triangles and border. Yay for an empty spool! And for a UFO finished!
I'll be sharing my September Star challenge with Island Batik soon, so please visit again!
Post a Comment