Linking Up with Elm Street Quilts
Time to set the monthly goals!
1. I need to get the December Island Batik Challenge done. It's a Medallion, and I'm doing the Blazing Star by Eleanor Burns. Here's the current progress.
I need to finish the smaller stars (frame them) and then add the triangles, and borders. It's a medallion, so a few borders, I guess. I have an idea for one of them. This is going to be a large lap/maybe twin size. Then I need to get it quilted! I have a few ideas, but it's more custom than edge to edge, just because of the nature of the quilt.
I'll share progress when it's done.
2. I want to make a quilt for my son. It's designed, and fabric is picked.
3. Island Batik Ambassador challenge for January is place mats. I want to do a set of mats and a table topper, but haven't picked the fabric yet.
4. Make some pajamas. 3 of these items were left-over from December's list. But that's okay, I did get stuff done in December that wasn't on the list.
5. I volunteered to quilt 3 child size donation quilts. Someone made 4 tops and donated them to the Evening Star Quilters Guild in Mineola, NY. I took 3 to finish, along with my friend's help. One is already quilted, and I'll do the second tomorrow.
This was a progress shot, but it's done.
I have other goals, as well. More cleaning, some organizing of sewing room and the Long Arm room/closet, and baking, too. I also plan to start a cross stitch project, a stitch-along with Fat Quarter Shop.
What are your goals this month? Share them with Elm Street Quilts!
Thanks for stopping, and have a great month.