I figured I would show an update on my Island Batiks purple Hunter's Star top. I have about 4 more blocks to do. 2 of the 4 are in progress. I think I have all the pieces cut. I used the Accuquilt GO! Hunter's Star die, which made the block really easy. The directions were a little simplistic, and I needed to figure out some of it myself, but once I did I had fun cutting and sewing this great pattern. I've been fitting it in between other projects, and worked on them on my vintage 1954 Singer 15-91 in the restored Trapezoid cabinet.
The pile of 26 finished blocks is on the left, and the sections of the blocks to be completed are at the machine, and in the basket.
Some of the blocks laid out on my guest bed. This will be about 60 by 72" when it's done. I hope to get the top assembled soon.
The other recent items I made were 13 costumes for the Quilt Dance preformance for the Lehigh Valley Academy for the Arts, which will be a few weeks, and another special order for a Pirate Shirt.
I also made 2 aprons and a fleece blanket for the Knoble Knights Motorcycle Club, for their Bike Blessing. That was last weekend, and I got 2 seconds of "fame" on the news report on TV that night. I had a vendor space at the blessing. That was fun. I hope to get orders for more blankets and aprons.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you visit the other members of Quiltsy to see what they are working on! Have a great day!